Information Literacy Beyond the Diploma
The ACRL/New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG) and Roger Williams University Library present a one day program which will explore the broad concept of what information literacy skills our students will need after graduation, going into higher level academia, the workplace, or every day life.
Registration and Refreshments
Introduction and Opening Remarks
- Sandra Rothenberg, NELIG Chair
- Kendall Hobbs and Susan Herzog, NELIG Co-Chairs Elect
- Barbara Kenney, Local Host, RWU
- Peter Deekle, Dean of University Library Services, RWU
Information Skills for the Real World: A Panel Discussion
- Arlene Violet - Host of The Arlene Violet Show on radio station WHJJ in Providence, RI;
former Attorney General for the State of Rhode Island.
- Janet Kolodzy - Assistant Professor, Department of Journalism, Emerson College.
- Alex Caracuzzo - Associate Head Librarian at MIT’s Dewey Library for Management and Social Sciences
Panel moderator: Matt Sylvain, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
All American BBQ (with vegetarian options) provided
Breakout Sessions (select one of the following concurrent
Session 1 - Information Literacy in the Disciplines
Session 2 - Information Literacy in Pre-Professional Programs
Break - return to large room
All Learning is Local: Giving Students a Stake
Return to NELIG home page