- Members of ACRL New England Chapter are welcome to join NELIG or any other special interest group (SIG) for no additional cost.
- ACRL National members are required to register with the Chapter annually and meet the member eligibility requirements in order to receive Chapter benefits.
- Non-ACRL National members are welcome to join ACRL New England Chapter for a nominal annual fee.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Join Us! Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Secretary Elect (1 open position, 2-year appointment) | In the first year, the Secretary-Elect joins the Board to learn the flow of the organization’s calendar and planning, including attending regular meetings and participating in planning the Annual Program. In the second year the position becomes more in-depth, including keeping planning documents up to date, publishing information about NELIG events, and posting to the website.
- Co-Chair Elect (2 open positions, 2-year appointment) | In the first year, the Co-Chair Elect shadows the co-chairs as they prepare for the annual conference, while also leading up to four smaller events throughout the academic year. Co-Chair Elects attend the conference planning meetings and then in the second year, plan and run those meetings.
Lots of support is available for emerging leaders, and these are fantastic opportunities to get some leadership on your resume.
Please contact us at email@example.com with interest, questions or for full position descriptions.
NELIG Google Group
The NELIG Google Group is a means for NELIG members to communicate with each other between meetings, but it is open to anyone interested in discussing issues related to library instruction.
- Transition currently in process, check back for more information.
Please send all NELIG inquires to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
There are many ways to get involved with NELIG. Have an idea that you don't see here? We'd love to hear it! Email us at email@example.com.
Join the NELIG Board
Interested in serving as a NELIG board member? Join the listserv and watch for the annual call for volunteers each spring. Email firstname.lastname@example.org any time with questions about upcoming leadership opportunities.
Join the Annual Program Committee
The Annual Program Committee helps the NELIG board plan the Annual Program in June. To join the committee, attend the business meeting after the Fall Program or email email@example.com to volunteer.
Host a NELIG Event
Would your library or institution like to host a NELIG event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Present at a NELIG Event
Want to present or participate in a panel discussion? Email us or join the listserv and keep an eye out for calls for proposals.